My name is Darowan and in September of 2019, I quit my job, sold everything I owned, to travel the world. In other words, I took a grown-up gap year.
It all started in the Summer of 2016 when I was introduced to solo traveling by a dear friend and after my first trip, I was hooked. After three years of making several intentional decisions, researching, and a bit of planning, I finally took a leap of faith to embark on this crazy adventure.
Random facts about me:
- I was born and raised in Nigeria, and moved to New York, shortly before I turned 21 years old.
- I have practiced as a Clinical Pharmacist in the US for about a decade.
- I am an extroverted introvert – Google it
- When it comes to traveling, I am a poor planner, but I always plan to be spontaneous!
- As of September 2019, I have visited 15 countries, 4 continents, and lived in two.
- I am naturally curious and I ask a lot of questions!
- I am terrible with directions and I would be on Mars without google maps.
If you would like to follow my journey, you can find me on Facebook or Instagram. Also, feel free to leave a comment on a post you like, introduce yourself, tell me about your adventures and ask me anything you want to know about mine.